Monday 30 September 2013

SUMMER BRIEF: WHAT INTERESTS ME?


To start the summer brief I initially brainstormed a few of my interests by looking at the 3 subject points. I also revisited my PPP blog to see what had gained my interests throughout the year and if they were still relevant. I also adapted the experiences I had over summer which shaped my new interests and listed them below.


A hobby/interest?

Magazine cover design: I have always had an avid interest in fashion editorial design and my placement at La Vida magazine over the summer has enhanced this with attending to a behind the scenes photo shoot and given projects and briefs that challenged my interest in type and image.

Music events design: Attending music festivals over the summer gained my interest in wanting to design for one, including flyers, posters, lanyards, wristbands and other merchandise.

A invention/discovery?

Viral and Social media: How online media such as twitter, facebook, instagram,tumblr have shaped modern design and expanded branding techniques.

Web Design: I have always had an inate interest in web design from a very young age, when I use to design my own and friends piczo and tumblr pages. I would like to look further into how to create my own websites and how certain styles and sites fit a certain brand or target market.

A person/place?

Josip Kelava: Summer jobs that allowed me to see both side of marketing and branding industry and the difference between independent and commercial companies.

Terry Jones: I have always had an interest in art direction as a possible career in the future and Terry Jones has been a influence to me. I would like to find out the history and the roles in entails.



Project Plan:

I plan to do further research into three subjects from my list as these subjects are what I want to know more about and am extremely interested in.
  • Fashion magazine cover design
  • Music festivals and events design
  • Josip Kelava
I will research these topics for each section in depth, which will help me identify a main focus for this research brief. In doing this project I hope to gain a better understanding of these topics which will benefit me, in learning more about my interests within graphic design.

From this I will then develop a presentation on a chosen topic and focus point, with all the relevant information.

No comments:

Post a Comment